IT assessment for dyslexic employees
An IT assessment is routinely included in the workplace needs assessment, but it is sometimes useful for a client to be referred for a more specialised IT assessment with an IT expert who is informed about dyslexic difficulties. In this assessment the IT expert will:
- check core computer skills;
- consider specific job requirements;
- select specific components of the software programs which will be useful;
- demonstrate the programs using real work tasks;
- take account of the client’s strengths and weaknesses in performance, and also his/her learning style to select suitable programs.
The IT assessor will also be able to carry out any necessary training. Such training will not be delivered in one or two lengthy sessions, but will be spread out over a number of short sessions; and will be carried out in a dyslexia-friendly manner.