Study Skills Tuition
We provide specialist study skills tuition for students. Our individual programmes cover:
- advanced spelling rules and word structure
- visual tracking
- phonological sequencing skills
- reading quickly with comprehension and recall
- skimming and scanning text
- researching, planning and structuring written assignments
- proof-reading skills
- memory strategies
- taking notes from books and in lectures
- oral presentation skills / speaking with confidence
- organising study and revision schedules
- focussing on the requirements of essay and examination questions
- examination techniques
- ways of focusing attention and reducing stress
The Disabled Student’s Allowance (DSA)
The DSA comprises three separate funds, which can be used to pay for specialist personal assistance (such as support tutorials, IT training), purchase of specialist equipment and software or consumables.
The DSA also funds the ‘Needs Assessment’ where specific requirements would be discussed. The student should contact Student Finance England for an application form. Further details about the DSA are available in a DfES leaflet ‘Bridging the Gap’. This can be downloaded from the DfES website on:
www.discoverdsa.com demonstrates easy to follow YouTube video clips on how to apply for DSA.
DAC NMH Rates for Students in Higher Education Supported by DSA Funding
In line with the NMH Quality Assurance Framework, we publish our Complaints Policy and Complaints Procedure.
“Just a little note to let you know that I passed my theoretical exam. I am mighty relieved. Thank you so much for all of your help. A huge amount of the topics we have gone through were in the exam. I couldn’t have done it without you.”